aesop rock in Crawdaddy

Went to Aesop rock Last night in Crawdaddy. Aesop was amazing and so was backing from Rob sonic both where very clear on the mic with every word crisp and clear. Both seem to be in high spirits and really enjoy the gig themselves. the only problem i had with the gig was the limp wristed hand waving that people think they need to do, happens a lot at hip hop gigs in Ireland that people think that they need to do this kinda stuff i just don't get it. And then there was a point in the gig when the crowd started an Olé Olé chant ,maybe im just a snob but i cringed at it.
Other then that awesome gig and after the gig Aesop and Rob where both outside signing autographs and posing for photos for over an hour. I though that was really cool of them. To sum up great gig.

Aesop Rock - Coffee ft. John Darnielle

Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

6 comments:

February 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM Anonymous said...

Hey Ego
I was there last night as well, thought it was really cool too, loved Rob Sonic! I wasn't expecting them to be so funny.
I also cringed at the ole ole thing, but then again, I too am a snob.
Thought it was a really fun night. Did you catch Messiah J & The Expert who were supporting them? I arrived in the middle of the first Aesop song, so missed them. Any good?

February 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM ctrl/alt/delete said...

Messiah J & The Expert aren't my cup of tea Im afraid. I got there near the end of there set and the crowd seem to be really into it

February 3, 2008 at 4:51 PM Anonymous said...

Howyeh Kirk,
Fair enough. I've seen mjex twice before anyway, both times I really enjoyed them, so I wasn't too upset that I missed them last night. I wanted to give Rob Sonic a big hug after the gig, but he probably would have been too sweaty :( That's cool that they hung out with the crowd after, I had to leg it so missed all of that!

February 3, 2008 at 5:15 PM ctrl/alt/delete said...

nothing against messiah J , good at what they do, just dont do it for me is all.
i think they changed after the show so you could have gotten a big bear hug from Rob.
have you check the new subtle track on the blog.

February 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM Anonymous said...

Damn. I would have loved a bear hug.
Where's the subtle track?

February 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM ctrl/alt/delete said...

http://egoeccentric.blogspot.com/2008/02/exitingarm.html