Isn't It Nice When Things Work Out?


Hearing a great song on the radio but not catching what it was called is one of those eternally annoying occurrences. For example, it took me years to find out what the name of 'Bette Davis Eyes' was (although I really should have guessed from the chorus).

So it's nice when those lost songs somehow find their way back too you. This is what happened to me last week when (after a recommendation from Red) I picked up the Santogold album and pressed play. Track one, L.E.S. Artistes, is my most recent 'one that (very nearly) got away'- and has now been stuck in my head all week.

It's a bitchin mixup of styles and genres that really seems to work. The album itself on initial listen seems to have at least one or two more crackers, but very different songs to this one. Check out L.E.S. Artistes below:








Click for mp3

Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

2 comments:

May 23, 2008 at 8:28 AM red said...

Phew! I'm glad you liked it. I still think it's one of the best albums I've heard so far this year.

May 23, 2008 at 6:22 PM Evil Bob said...

There's a great feature you can get for mobile phones where you can record 10 seconds of a song you don't know the name of but want to and then send it to a data base and it sends you back the song, artist and album.
Spent hours (and a lot of credit) one night going through really obscure songs to see if could recognise them. Didn't miss one.