In Other Gig News...


Denver prog-hip-hop group Flobots will be playing a Whelans show on September 21st, with tickets available now for 20 blips.

I heard these guys while I was in the US (where they're getting some serious radio play) and there's something oddly compelling about their debut single. Admittedly, this could simply be the fact that the violin hook is in Final Fantasy territory, but either way, it could be interesting...

Here's the track:
Flobots- Handlebars

And here's the tickets.

Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

2 comments:

September 2, 2008 at 11:33 AM Blathnaid said...

I think it's a viola Rob, not a violin (still a good hook though, i like how constant it is through the song). The trumpet line is pretty good too. Interesting arrangement overall.

September 2, 2008 at 11:39 AM Clockwork Rob said...

D'oh! Must learn my violas from my violins...