Scary Movies

Here's a list of 'Overlooked Scary Movies' from 'Scene Stealers'. Apart from the obvious seasonal value of this list, I've always been a huge fan of scary movies, and have recently found decent ones annoyingly hard to come by. Hopefully some of these will be worth checking out.

Off the top of my head, here's my top 5 scary movies (in no particular order):


Scream

I remember seeing this in the cinema and being a nervous wreck after the first scene. Brilliant.





The Haunting
A true classic. Watch it on your own, late at night, with the volume up. But make sure you don't rent the Liam Neeson remake. That's a different kind of terror.




The Shining

Probably the greatest horror movie ever made. But Kubrick only made 'the greatest...' movies. Eerie, beautiful and a complete mindfuck.





Ringu
This scared the SHIT out of me. At the movie's pivotal moment (completely mishandled in the remake) my blood actually ran cold. Brilliant.






Don't Look Now
All about atmosphere. Venice will never be the same again. Creates a feeling of unease in the viewer then completely exploits it all the way to it's demented climax.





Damn, 5 is never enough! What about 'The Wicker Man'?
Anything else I'm missing?

Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

2 comments:

October 25, 2007 at 5:13 PM Scene-Stealers said...

Hey Rob-

I definitely overlooked the overlooked "Don't Look Now"-- good call!

-Eric

October 25, 2007 at 5:57 PM Clockwork Rob said...

Cheers Eric!
Tis quite a movie..