Gig Roundup

So there's a bunch of new Irish shows that've been announced in the last week or so. Here's a roundup:

Editors: The Olympia Theatre, Feb 21st 08. Tickets are 30 euro. On sale now.

Despite good press and about a million very reliable reccommendations, I still just don't give a damn about the Editors. It might float your boat though. Here's one of their songs that's not so bad- 'An End Has A Start':



Eels: Vicar Street, March 17th 08. Tickets 40.20, on sale this thursday.

I used to be quite fond of Eels, and this inspired me to go along to watch their set at Oxegen last year, despite my unfamiliarity with their recent album or two. For the first couple of songs I genuinely thought I had caught the wrong band. They in no way resembled the Eels of the earlier, melodic... good albums. They were some weird grunge-core band, with an odd security guy (part of the band, apparently) doing kung fu moves on stage. Bob, in his wisdom put it the best: "I have never seen a band with such sheer comtempt for it's audience". Here's something from the good ol days, 'Cancer For The Cure':



Los Campesinos: The Village, Feb 11th 08. Tickets 18 euro, on sale friday.

Missed them in Whelans due to influx of gigs, hopefully by February I'll have the money to check em out.

Jimmy Eat World: Olympia Theatre, 27th Feb 08. Tickets 33.60, on sale now.

Another band that comes highly reccommended, but I'm not too bothered about myself. Shining lights of the 'Screamo' genre. What I have heard from them is pretty good, but the only thing I considered particularly great was their first big un, 'Bleed American' (which incidentally had to be re-named as it was due for release just when the sep 11th attacks took place). Here it is:



Explosions In The Sky: Tripod, Jan 26th 08. Tickets 19.50, on sale now.

This is one of those bands I know I should love, just haven't given them the time yet. In fact, just watching this video has made me decide that this is what I'm gonna be listening to this week. Pretty good. Looks like they were due to play the Village and it's been moved (upgraded, I guess) to Tripod. So I reckon we can take that as meaning that it'll sell out. You've been warned. Here's 'Your Hand In Mine':


Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 comments: